So today's the first day of half term. Hubby decided he needed the car for work but also needed us to pick up his prescription.
All this meant I had to use the new bike trailer.
I bought it two weeks ago. Now I'm defiantly not returning to work I need to find a way of cutting our bills down. One being petrol. We are not too bad when it comes to fuel. We are not your average British family running two cars. We only have one but that one is a big engined Volvo V70 estate.
We bought it because before S came along we were camping for our holidays. And really wanted something with a massive boot. The Volvo had the biggest boot. Unfortunately it also has a big gas guzzling engine. I can't believe how much petrol we go through each month.
Hubby cycles the 14 mile round trip to work and back leaving me with the car to shuttle the kids around and grocery shop. I don't use the car for school runs as H's school is only 3 doors away but we do live in slight isolation as the nearest village is 2 miles away and we have no bus service.
I bought the trailer so I can take S to toddlers and friends by bike and we can also little top up shops in the next village.
We did our first trial of it today and I don't know if its because I was going at the slower pace of H or if its just that I've got so unfit since having S. But it was a lot harder work than I expected.
Maybe it's a good thing. After all a little bit if exercise hurts no one. Just don't expect much housework out of me for the rest of the day lol.

No comments:
Post a Comment