I breastfed Miss H until 12 weeks where due to peer pressure from friends and family and her being on me constantly I gave up. I regretted it almost immediately but I was young and went what I classed as the easy route.
Other than the constant feeding H was a dream to feed. She latched on properly from the moment she was put on my chest after the birth. She never gave me cracked or sore nipples. She fed every 4 hours and slept in between. Just a shame I suffered from PND and didn't appreciate it as much as what I probably should have done.
Little Miss S is a whole different matter. You really don't realise how different 2 babies can be until you have your own. She didnt latch on properly to begin with. She has given me sore cracked nipples and blisters. She wont sleep in the day. She wants constant attention.
Im still breastfeeding her even though she has put me through all of this though. I have found myself the proper support from BFN and we have now sailed pass all my mini targets. I started wanting to reach the 12 weeks at least again, but this time it was so much harder. at 5 weeks I was convinced she had TT but if she did no one could find it and diagnose it so I battled on through. We have had good weeks and we have had bad weeks. Ive been told by friends and family to give up but I didnt listen to them this time. I new I was going to give her the best start I could.
No comments:
Post a Comment